- Rabbit food should be made available each morning.
- A rabbit has a very special digestive system, which requires a balanced diet and plenty of exercise, which in turn prevents obesity.
- Fresh greens, vegetables and fruits such as carrots, apples and dandelion greens must be well washed prior to offering them. Never offer food direct from the refrigerator.
- A daily amount of good clean hay is essential in aiding the rabbit’s digestion.
- Clean drinking water should always be available, either using a water bowl or more hygienically a water bottle. Water should ideally be changed twice a day.
- A good quality earthenware food bowl is essential to keep the food clean and dry. Plastic bowls should be avoided as rabbits can chew or knock them over.